This past week I think that I might have worked close to twenty hours and got paid for fourty hours. You can say that I'm lazy but that is far from the truth. Instead of $10 an hour I was being paid $20 an hour for the hours that I did worked
You can't believe my feeling of sitting and not working. I'm a firm on the idea that my employer is paying me to work, not sit up to five hours a day. My fingers are drumming, my legs are dancing and I can't sit still. I did sit some today but my mind is racing to be working.
For my fellow workers to sit doesn't bother them at all. I know that today being Friday there was about two times more sitting that working. Just think the first fourty-five this morning, then at break of fifty minutes and to end the day three hours and fourty minutes sitting. Five hours and fifteen minutes just sitting and staring into space.
The quote that has been used more than once in the past two and half months is " Find a stump that fits your rump." Just think today $250 of my employers money was used to sit and stare what a waste.
This activity has gone on for years and my employer know that it going on. At the end of our summer season there is nothing to do but wait until the fall opening. Maybe there should be a couple of days that the crew stay home and save lots of money. The crew on the other hand will be screaming of not being paid for sitting.
At this point I have no ideas that would work to really satisfy this problem.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment