Saturday, August 2, 2008

Off and ......

One of the adventure in our area is driving with drivers from the state up north. Their idea of a speed limit is just a number and they will go as fast as they can. They also believe that the road is just for them and that there is nobody else driving.

My adventure was yesterday when traveling on a local expressway. On the right of me is a SUV passing, then as I approach a entrance ramp a van driver from up north was entering the expressway. At a point in time I was wondering which I wanted to keep intact my right quarter panel or have my left hand side completely dented. I lucked out the SUV just passed me and I tucked behind his bumper. The van driver had no idea that I was there he was too busy chatting with others in his van.

Then this morning while downtown the car next to me in a turn lane decided that he wanted to go straight. Well, after a few grumbles of words that won't be repeated. I found out that not only problems with drivers from the state up north. I have to watch out for drivers two states out west.

I have forgotten that when I am the driving I need to always be thinking about the other driver even the ones from up north, out west, and my own driving.

No comments: